This one-day training course is aimed at people working in Cardiff based care settings who want to gain a deeper insight into dementia. Ideally suited to care/support staff in residential homes or working for home care agencies.
This one-day training course is aimed at people who want to gain a deeper insight into dementia.
The training will:
- Develop trainees ability to empathise with a person with dementia
- Equip trainees with a better understanding of the experience of a person living with dementia
- Explore the emotional and psychological impact of dementia on those diagnosed and those caring for someone with dementia
- Guide trainees through a series of experiential exercises which provide a unique insight into dementia
- Provide a space for trainees to share practice and reflect on their experiences of working in the field of dementia care
A certificate of attendance will be issued to participants who attend the whole session. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Here are the forthcoming dates:
Times: 9:30am – 4:30pm (Participants should aim to arrive between 09:00 and 09:30 for registration & refreshments).
Please note: Training courses run by Cardiff Council are now only accessible via the ‘Cardiff Council Academy Online on Learning Pool’. Each course participant must have an account on the site in order to make a booking and as managerial authorisation is required for each course booking, a line manager or training co-ordinator within your organisation must also have an account. Each account requires a unique username and email address.
– If you don’t have the accounts you require or are unsure if you’re already signed-up then please contact [email protected]
– If you already have the necessary account/s on the system then feel free to login on http://cardiff.learningpool.com in order to request the spaces you’d like.