‘All Wales Basic Safeguarding Awareness’ training sessions. The training is a one day course (09:30 – 16:30) and will take place in Cardiff Metropolitan University in Cyncoed on dates in September, December and January.
The training is for staff in direct social care roles – new members of staff, volunteers or as a refresher for experienced staff from any organisation where safeguarding may be an issue.
This one-day programme aims to promote key values and principles of safeguarding individuals and provides foundation knowledge about responding to abuse and neglect.
- Know own role in relation to safeguarding adults, children and young people from harm abuse and neglect.
- Understand how individuals are protected from harm, abuse and neglect
- Know how to recognise different types of harm, abuse and neglect.
This course is accredited and assessed through City & Guilds and provides a certificate of unit learning at level 2 that can be used for the Social Care Induction Framework for Wales.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to participants who attend the whole session.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
How to book
Training courses run by Cardiff Council are now only accessible via the ‘Cardiff Council Academy Online on Learning Pool’. Each course participant must have an account on the site in order to make a booking and as managerial authorisation is required for each course booking, a line manager or training co-ordinator within your organisation must also have an account. Each account requires a unique username and email address.
– If you don’t have the accounts you require or are unsure if you’re already signed-up then please contact [email protected]
– If you already have the necessary account/s on the system then feel free to login on http://cardiff.learningpool.com in order to request the spaces you’d like.