Welsh Association of ME and CFS Support (WAMES) are seeking a new volunteer Treasurer to join their team. This role offers the opportunity to support the work of WAMES, the Welsh charity which represents and supports people affected by the neurological condition of ME, or CFS.
The role of the treasurer would be to:
- Maintain an overview of WAMES’ financial affairs and advise the committee on budgets
- Ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained
Volunteer Treasurers would be based at home, but working with, and responsible to the Management Team, as a trustee of the organisation.
- Make payments, receive and record all money including fundraising and Gift Aid
- Record and monitor all Trustee and volunteer expenses
- Prepare the annual accounts and financial reports for committee, funders etc.
- Arrange an annual examination of accounts (if needed)
- Plan and review the budget with the Team
- Liaise with payroll service (if there are employees)
- Act as a joint signatory for cheques, invoices, contracts and other relevant documentation
- Share oversight of WAMES as a trustee (trustee insurance in place)
- Attend AGM and GM (via Skype)
The opportunity may be available to share the role with another, if this can be arranged. WAMES is happy to discuss options.
Useful qualities and skills:
- Strategic vision and forward planning
- An eye for detail and methodical way of thinking
- Independent judgement
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of a trustee, or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of basic book keeping and financial management (as necessary)
- Knowledge of charity financial and fundraising practices, or willingness to learn
- The ability to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to registered charities.
- Required to use own IT hardware but some software may be available
- Age 18+
- Much of the work of the treasurer can be done at any time, though there will be occasional deadlines for reports and payments. It will be necessary to join occasional Skype team meetings at an agreed time.
- Minimum hours expected per month: 2hrs, on average.
- Minimum period of commitment: 3 years, as the handover period could take some months.
- Organise induction & suitable training
- Pay agreed expenses
- Application form
- Informal interview
- Informal references may be required