The most recent Cardiff and Vale Long Term Conditions Alliance meeting was held on Tuesday 30th June 2015 at Butetown Community Centre, with over 30 people attending.
The Cardiff and Vale Long Term Conditions Alliance was set up as part of the Co-Creating Healthy Change programme as a need had been identified to bring together partners and organisations who work with people with a long term health condition – to give them an opportunity to network, share information and feed into changes in service delivery.
At the meeting, there was a range of inspirational speakers, including from Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, who updated members on the progress of the Shaping Our Future Well-being work.
There was also:
- A presentation on the structures, areas and excellent work of the Cardiff Neighbourhood Partnerships.
- Parkinson’s UK informed members of a pilot project working with community pharmacists to raise awareness of the importance of taking medication as advised.
- Information on PedalPower’s new Changing Gear Project was shared with members, encouraging them to link with the project.
- Information was provided on the Yellow Card and Medication Patient Helpline, raising awareness of reporting a medicine or vaccine side effect.
- A new Volunteer Hospital Car Parking System was explained so that members can use it.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 9th September 2015 from 10am – 12 noon.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Cardiff and Vale Long Term Conditions Alliance, please contact Jacqueline Jones at Cardiff Third Sector Council on (029) 2048 5722 or email [email protected]