Cardiff Council’s Governors Services are currently looking for highly skilled candidates to fill vacancies for local authority governor roles in high schools in Cardiff. The vacancies include:
- Cardiff West Community High School – For individuals with a business background with financial skills/experience of financial planning.
- Cantonian High School – For individuals with experience of capital projects/construction/building works (if you work for an organisation tendering for the new school build you will not be able to apply for this vacancy).
- Eastern High School – For individuals with experience of strategic/financial planning in a large organisation/business.
Local Authority Governors play a critical role in linking the local authority with the school, while improving education and making a positive difference to children and young people’s futures. The Council is required to publish criteria which are to be used for the identification and appointment of LA governors. The criteria is:
- Demonstrable interest in education and understanding of the importance of education in the lives of children and young people;
- Able to offer and share skills and expertise that match the needs of the individual school;
- Evidence of ability to act in a critical friend role, providing support and challenge;
- Interest in the local community within which the school is situated;
- Commitment to regular attendance at meetings of the governing body and its committees;
- Committed to undertaking mandatory training and other forms of training in order to update knowledge and skills and to enhance effectiveness as a governor.
Here is the link to our governor recruitment portal which provides information about the role and details of vacancies across the city – www.educardiff.co.uk
If you wish to discuss more on the role, please contact Ruth Lock;
Ffôn/Tel: 07980 735558