The Future of Public Sector Communications:
Developing Effective Strategies for Popular Engagement
Tuesday 1st October 2019
Political Communications and Counter Extremism Expert
Government Stabilisation Unit
Chair of Health
Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Head of Communications and Marketing
Northamptonshire County Council
The UK Government launched the Public Service Joint Communications Council in 2017 to share best practice and to set priorities for public sector communications. Local government authorities have also implemented changes in communication policy, however challenges remain. A Local Government Association peer review (2018) demonstrated that local communications have a “lack of strategy, an absence of corporate narrative and an under-developed place brand”.
The UK is an increasingly internet-dependent society, with 90% of adults describing themselves as regular internet users (ONS 2018). Having an effective communication strategy will continue to become ever more important in a rapidly changing society. This symposium therefore offers communication specialists, local and national authority representatives and private sector specialists the opportunity to discuss and discover the key to a successful public sector communication strategy.
- Learn how to develop an effective local government communication strategy to interact effectively with stakeholders
- Discover the secret to a successful inter-organisational communication strategy and the maximising of resources
- Debate the most effective uses of social media and when they can be utilised most effectively
- Identify components which are essential to establishing a successful communication team
- Analyse the Government Communication Service’s Improvement Programme, and how it offers effective communication strategies
- Assess how to effectively use a communication strategy to save lives during an emergency
To view our brochure, including the full event programme, click here.
I am pleased to advise you that we offer a 20% early registration discount off the standard delegate rates (subject to type of organisation and terms and conditions) for bookings received by the 23rd August 2019. Do feel free to circulate this information to relevant colleagues within your organisation.
In the meantime, to ensure your organisation is represented, please book online or complete and return the attached registration form at your earliest convenience in order to secure your delegate place(s).