Our shared priority is the health and safety of people and communities across Wales during this crisis. We will do everything we can to secure that. Local authorities, community and town councils, voluntary organisations and volunteers all have critical roles to play in our collective response to COVID-19 in Wales. We will co-ordinate that response wherever possible, so that we all make a bigger difference together.
PRINCIPLES FOR JOINT WORKING
We understand that the situation is fast-moving and that local areas will need to respond to the specific situation in their communities. The principles below should support us to work together effectively within this context. WLGA, One Voice Wales and WCVA commit to following them.
- Mutual respect – We understand and value the different contributions each other make.
- Communications – We will have clear and regular points of communication between each other, to our sectors and other partners on issues of shared concern.
- Information and intelligence sharing – We will share all information and intelligence that can help us support people and communities in a timely and effective way.
- Flexibility – we will focus on what we have to do to protect people’s health and safety during this crisis. We will agree to suspend non-essential commitments where necessary but safeguarding vulnerable people will remain an important consideration.
- Co-producing solutions – we will work together, using a jointly agreed way of working to design solutions that can best harness our collective resources.