Are you responsible for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of young children and coordinating a response?
Join us at our designated safeguarding officer training on 4 and 5 September in Cardiff
Our Designated Safeguarding Officer training will help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to act appropriately and confidently to protect children and young people.
Taught byan experience professional in a Welsh context, you’ll learn how to recognise, report and record concerns abouta child.
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn:
- About the key legislation and guidance in Wales that determines you organisation’s policy for child safety and welfare
- How to identify the steps your organisation needs to take to look after the safety and welfare of children it comes into contact with
- How to identify the barriers that prevent children reporting abuse
- How to respond appropriately to when a child does report abuse
What delegates have said about our training:
“A very well structured course, presented very well by a trainer who clearly has practical experience of the subject.”
– Designated Safeguarding Officer at Welsh Government Organisation
“Subject current, vibrant and informative. Excellent delivery.”
– Head teacher