Are you involved in managing or supporting volunteers? Perhaps you’re a paid worker or volunteer yourself.
The Cardiff Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Network:
- Is run in partnership with Volunteers Co-ordinators across Cardiff and The Vale.
- Meets quarterly and is the forum for Cardiff’s volunteer co-ordinators to discuss ideas or problems relating to volunteering.
- Provides new ideas for including volunteers and for recognising and rewarding their contribution to your organisation.
- Shares best practice and learning on how to support and train colleagues who work with volunteers.
The network is a Participation and Engagement initiative by Cardiff Third Sector Council as part of its commitment to the development and support of the volunteering infrastructure in Cardiff and it role within Third Sector Support Wales. Each quarterly meeting is packed with information, guidance, discussions and networking. It’s also a great way to raise the profile of volunteering in Cardiff.
The date for the next network meeting is:
– Wednesday 4 march, 2020 at 2pm-4pm
– Tuesday 02 June, 2020 at 10am-12noon
News and other info
- Download free information sheets on various aspects of volunteering at www.c3sc.org.uk/training-and-employment-info-sheets
- Here are the presentations from the network event in September 2015:
BITC – Employee volunteering
Cardiff Volunteering – New volunteering scheme at Cardiff University
WCVA – European Structural Funds
- If you missed the network event in July 2015, which looked at the PQASSO quality standard, you’ll find the PQASSO presentation here.
- For volunteering opportunities, visit Volunteering Wales website at www.volunteering-wales.net/ And if you’d like to find out about local opportunities, or would like support as your organisation involves volunteers, please visit www.c3sc.org.uk/volunteer
To find out more:
Please call us on (029) 2048 5722 or email Ebed Akotia at email@example.com to find out more about becoming a member of the network.