Community Foundation Wales currently have a number of funding opportunities available.
Fund for Wales
The Fund for Wales is a national community endowment fund, managed and promoted by Community Foundation Wales.
It is a philanthropy promotion and grant-making programme which raises money from people and organisations across Wales, the UK, and overseas who want to ‘give back’ to support and strengthen local communities: the Fund for Wales connects people who care with causes that matter.
Grants of between £500 – £2,000 will be awarded to small, volunteer-driven community organisations whose applications aim to deliver the following outcomes:
- Improving people’s chances in life
- Building stronger communities
- Improving rural and urban environments
- Encouraging healthier and more active people and communities
- Preserving heritage and culture
Grants can support full or partial costs of, for example: projects costs, small capital items & equipment, core costs, activities and programmes (e.g. room hire, transport costs, volunteer expenses, insurance, tutor fees, community events).
There is no deadline for applications and the fund is open all year. For more information and to apply, please visit: Fund for Wales
Principality Building Society’s Future Generations Fund
The Principality Building Society’s Future Generations Fund is a Wales wide fund set up in partnership with Principality Building Society with the aim of having a positive impact on society and the lives of young people in Wales.
This fund will support third sector and community organisations across Wales to help/encourage
- More young people developing positive savings habits to achieve their life goals and make the right choices for their future
- More young people building financial resilience for life’s uncertainties
- More young people preparing for the future and world of work (including building skills)
- More young people gaining employment
- More young people living sustainably and finding sustainable answers to local challenges
Grants of up to £5,000 will be awarded to third sector organisations, to support young people under the age of 40 in Wales.
Applicants must complete an online application form by 12noon on Thursday the 30th June 2022. For more information and to apply, please visit: Principality Future Generations Fund
COVID 19 Recovery Support Fund for BAME Community Groups
A growing body of data, including data from ONS shows that people who are Black, Asian and from minority ethnic (BAME) groups have been disproportionately impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. BAME-led organisations have and still are playing a pivotal role in ensuring that vital emergency support reaches those from these hard-hit communities. This fund has been created to support those organisations that are led by and supporting Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) families and communities across Wales to recover from the coronavirus pandemic.
*Please note that we define a BAME-led organisation under the following terms issued by the Race Equalities Funders Alliance:
- The organisation’s mission and purpose is to benefit BAME communities.
- The majority of the leadership (i.e. at least half of the senior team and the Trustee board) are from the BAME community(ies) that it serves
Grants of between £2,000 – £5,000 are available to be awarded to BAME-led* community organisations with an income of approximately £25,000 in the latest reported financial year.
This fund is open to applications until 12pm on Wednesday the 8th of June 2022. For more information and to apply, please visit: COVID 19 Recovery Support Fund for BAME Community Groups
Please contact Cardiff Third Sector Council on 029 2048 5722 or [email protected] if you require support completing applications.