Following a successful 11 years, Welsh Government funding for the Community Food Co-operative Programme across Wales is due to cease at the end of September 2015.
Over the last three years alone the programme has achieved the following:
- £1,458,301.40 in income for Welsh businesses.
- 313,684 customers across Wales provided with healthy, fresh and affordable food.
- 51,382 volunteers helped to gain vital skills and confidence.
- Helping peole to eat more healthily*.
* According to the 2014 annual survey: 91% of respondents felt they were eating more healthily as a consequence of using their food co-op and 79% say they are eating more Welsh produce.
Together with volunteers, suppliers and with tremendous support from key partners, the RRU has set up, supported and maintained in excess of 300 sustainable food co-ops across Wales.
Over the coming months the RRU will continue to ensure that by working together, the existing food co-ops are in the strongest position possible to continue to run well into the future.