(with Diverse Cymru)
Your equality, your Council
When: Monday 9th December 2019
Registration and refreshments from 9:30 am
Starts at 10 am. Ends at 1 pm
Where:Taff Housing Conference Room, 307- 315 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF5 1JD
Every four years councils and other public sector organisations in Wales write and share what they want to do on equality. They look at what they want to focus on and their equality priorities. These are called Equality Objectives. Cardiff Council are writing their equality objectives for 2020 to 2024. They want to hear from diverse individuals and equality organisations in Cardiff.
This event is your chance to have your say on:
- What equality issues Cardiff Council should focus on
- What Cardiff Council’s equality objectives should be
- What Cardiff Council should do towards each objective
This event is part of the Cardiff Third Sector Equality and Human Rights Network and is being held in partnership with C3SC. We welcome community groups and third sector organisations as well as diverse individuals.
Free event. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided.
We can repay your travel, access, childcare, replacement care and other reasonable costs for attending.
Are these events for me?
We welcome people from all diverse backgrounds including:
- Disabled people (sensory, mobility, mental health and learning impairments and long-term health conditions)
- Black and Minority Ethnic people,
- Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual people
- Trans people
- People with different religions and beliefs
- Older people
- Young people
- People who are pregnant or have recently given birth
We also welcome community groups and third sector organisations with an interest in equality and diversity or representing any of the groups above.
How to book:
Please book your place at these events by
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 029 2036 8888 and ask for Shelagh
Or by post to:
307-315 Cowbridge Road East
Please state any dietary or access requirements you may have when booking your place and which events you want to attend.