Prince’s Trust Get into Rail programme
Prince’s Trust Get into Rail programme in conjunction with Absolute Training & Assessment. This extremely popular programme is an opportunity for suitably motivated young people, 18-30 to gain the necessary skills to work within the rail industry.
Where will it take place?
The Taster/ selection day sessions will be held at Absolute Training & Assessment, Ty Cynon, Navigation Park, Abercynon. Rhondda Cynon Taff, CF45 4SN, on Tuesday 25th June 2019, between 9.30am and 4.30pm. (Young people attending will be allocated either a morning or an afternoon session).
After the selection process, the actual programme runs from Monday 8th July – Friday 19th July 2019 inclusive, 8:30am–4pm at Absolute Training & Assessment, Ty Cynon, Navigation Park, Abercynon, CF45 4SN.
Are there any restrictions?
- For obvious reasons the rail industry has very strict health and safety restrictions and any young person who is successful at the Taster Day will be required to attend a further date for a medical and a drugs test.This will be on either Thursday 27th or Friday 28th June 2019. Please note that unlawful substances taken up to 12 weeks prior to the test will show up and it is therefore essential that anyone who falls into this category is not put forward for this programme. A failed drugs test prohibits any further opportunity within the rail industry for a period of five years. PLEASE QUESTION EVEN OCCASIONAL CANNABIS USE. No alcohol or energy drinks should be consumed for 24 hrs prior to the drug test.
- Any prescribed medication should be brought to the medical and any existing medical condition(s) fully disclosed in order to inform a detailed risk assessment
- Any previous criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis
- Due to the physical nature of the role, only those young people willing to work in this environment should be put forward
What does the Get into Rail programme cover?
Introduction to the programme & sector specific training including: –
- Personal Track safety (PTS) e-learning, AC
- PTS AC
- PTS Direct Current Conductor Rail (DCCR) awareness
- First Aid
- Manual Handling + Fire Awareness,
- Employability skills
- Practical on site track induction
- Small tools training
Absolute Training will work with its suppliers/railway contacts to, hopefully, secure employment outcomes for suitable young people.
To refer a young person go here.