Human Rights Tracker
We are excited to share that the Equality and Human Rights Commission has launched HumanRightsTracker.com, our new tool to make the UK’s human rights record fully transparent.
HumanRightsTracker.com is a searchable online tool for civil society organisations, academics, parliamentarians, legal professionals and anyone with an interest in human rights to learn about the UK’s international human rights obligations, and tracks how the UK and Welsh Governments are performing against them.
How can you help:
1. Use the tracker to:
• find out what the UN has said about a particular human rights issue or population group in the UK
• access information on the international human rights framework to use in your research, legal, policy and advocacy work
• find out how you can engage with international human rights mechanisms
• understand how the UK’s international human rights obligations link to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
2. Email your own networks, encouraging them to learn more about treaty monitoring and how using HumanRightsTracker.com will help them in their work
3. Talk about HumanRightsTracker.com with your professional networks
4. Share it on your social media platforms, using the example below with one of the attached images:
Example social media post:
Want to improve human rights in Britain but not sure where to start? I’m using HumanRightsTracker.com to monitor rights and hold governments to account. [Add image]
If you’d like to know more about HumanRightsTracker.com or the work of our team to monitor human rights in Britain, visit the site or get in touch.