Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by Earthday.org.
Earthday.org‘s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day in 1970, Earthday.org is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 150,000 partners in over 192 countries to drive positive action for our planet.
Earth Day Livestream – April 22nd – Nature in the Race to Zero
Earthday.org, together with their partners, is proud to present the Earth Day Climate Action Summit. We need to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by mid-century to keep the global temperature below 1,5°C. Join them to learn about some key solutions that will help us deliver the greenhouse gas reductions needed by 2030 to meet the Paris Agreement.
16:00 PM GMT Environment in Time of War
- Kathleen Rogers, President of Earthday.org
- Iryna Stavchuk, Deputy Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine for European Integration, Ukraine
- Carl Bruch, Director of International Programs, the Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
- Stefan Smith, Senior Programme Manager, Disasters & Conflicts, UNEP
- Michael Bothe, Professor Emeritus of Public Law, J.W. Goethe University, Frankfurt/Main
- José R. Allen, International Environmental Lawyer, the Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
17:00 PM GMT Regenerative Agriculture’s Role in Restoring Our Earth
- John Piotti, President & CEO, American Farmland Trust
- L. Hunter Lovins, President, Natural Capitalism Solutions
- Anthony Myint, Executive Director & Co-founder, Zero Foodprint
- Elizabeth Pearce, CEO, SymSoil Inc
- Merlin Yockstick, Founder, Blue Planet Science Group & RegenIOWA
For more information on Earth Day 2022 and to join in, visit: https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-2022/