Following a sharp increase in coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the Cardiff Council area, new restrictions were introduced to reduce the spread of the virus and protect the health of people living in the area.
The restrictions came into force at 6pm on 27 September 2020 and will be kept under review.
The main restrictions are:
- people are not allowed to enter or to leave or remain away from the Cardiff Council area without a reasonable excuse
- people will no longer be able to form, or be in, an extended household (sometimes called a “bubble”)
- this means meeting indoors with anyone who is not part of your household (people you live with) is not allowed at the moment, unless you have a good reason, such as providing care to a vulnerable person
- all licensed premises have to stop serving alcohol at 10pm
- people must work from home wherever reasonably practicable