On 9 June the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) launched a government review of support in the workplace for survivors of domestic abuse: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-review-support-in-the-workplace-for-survivors-of-domestic-abuse.
The review will begin with a call for written evidence on the specific employment needs of domestic abuse survivors and how they are met by current employment rights and practices.
- what practical circumstances arise in relation to domestic abuse and work?
- what support can be offered in the workplace for victims of domestic abuse?
- what is possible within the existing framework?
- what does current best practice look like?
- what is the potential to do more?
The review will also include a series of roundtables, run by BEIS and the Home Office, with organisations and individuals who wish to share their views directly.