- This event has passed.
Volunteer Recruitment, Selection & Induction
January 16 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Attracting a broad diversity of volunteers can be a challenge. The course will help you to plan recruitment and to think about materials and approaches that will reach the volunteers you want. It looks at different steps in the recruitment process, including ‘vetting’, interviewing, and matching volunteers to volunteer roles.
By the end of the session, you will:
- Be familiar with methods to attract a diversity of volunteers
- Recognise ‘selection’ as a two way process
- Understand the use of vetting procedures including CRB checks, and recognise their limitations
- Understand the purpose of volunteer agreements and inductions
- Recognise potential uses and abuses of personal information
- Recognise ways in which volunteering can be made accessible