“Keeping Our Children Safe” Training for the Designated Child Protection Lead
Keeping Our Children Safe” Training for the Designated Child Protection Lead
Two Day Course
All children have the right to live lives free from abuse and neglect but recent events highlight, yet again, how difficult it can be for so many adults to recognise, and act on concerns about the safety or welfare of a child. The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child states that all organisations concerned with children should work towards what’s best for each child. The Designated Person for Child Protection has a vital role within organisations helping to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place and that necessary action is taken when concerns about a child are raised.
This two day training course will consider:
- The role of the Designated Person and how this can be incorporated into your organisation
- Legislation and guidance on safeguarding children and young people, particularly within the Welsh context
- Essential safeguarding measures that need to be in place
- The ‘abuse of trust’ and how to remain alert to potential sexual offences within the organisation
- Assessing concerns about a child and making a referral to social services if necessary
- The statutory child protection system and what may be expected of you
- Confidentiality and good record keeping
- Diversity and the additional vulnerabilities for some children
Who the course is aimed at:
This course is aimed at people acting in the ‘Designated Person’ role working in a variety of organisations including schools, children’s daycare and residential settings, also services providing support to children and families in the voluntary and private sector.
Please ensure to have a purchase order number to hand when making your booking. This should be obtained from your finance department.
Please click on the following link for booking http://www.childreninwales.org.uk/item/keeping-children-safe-training-designated-child-protection-lead-2/