TODAY, Tuesday 23 March, we will be marking 100 days to go until the deadline of 30 June 2021 for applications to be made to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).
This milestone is a great opportunity for us to work together to bring the fast- approaching deadline to the attention of EU, EEA and Swiss citizens in your local authority.
All EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their family members, who were resident in the UK by 31 December 2020, should apply without delay so that they can continue to work, study, access free healthcare and benefits in the UK after 30 June 2021.
New social media content available
We are sharing this content now to allow time for you to work with relevant communications staff and plan social media activity for the day.
Please join us in marking this important moment for the EUSS by posting content on your own social media channels, and sharing with others in your networks, on Tuesday 23 March.
Here is a suggested tweet that you can use:
100 DAYS TO GO‼
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen (resident in the UK by 31 December 2020), you now have less than 100 days left to apply to the EU #SettlementScheme
The social media content that will be available to use on 23 March includes:
- Graphics: English and Welsh versions.
– Sample social media posts.
– As well as the full range of our marketing assets.
All content can be downloaded from Brandworkz – please click here to view.
Over 5 million applications so far
Last week, the Home Office announced that there have been more than 5.1 million applications to the EUSS, with more than 4.8 million applications concluded.
A range of support is available to those that need help to apply. Please help us reach these people by sharing the link to support services across your channels.
Share this link: www.gov.uk/help-eu-settlement-scheme
– If an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and their family members have lived in the UK for many years or have a permanent residence document or EEA Biometric Residence Card (BRC), they still need to apply to the EUSS (or apply for British Citizenship) by 30 June 2021 to continue to live and work in the UK.
– An application must be made for every eligible child within a family. Parents should apply on behalf of their children even if they have already applied and been granted a status themselves.
– Eligible close family members living overseas can apply to join an EU, EEA or Swiss family member who started living in the UK by 31 December 2020. More information on joining family members can be found on GOV.UK.
– Those who have successfully applied to the EUSS can access their pre-settled or settled status online at: www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status.
Thank you for your continued support in assisting EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens to apply to the EUSS, helping to secure their future in the UK.