Equality and Human Rights Commission carried out an inquiry to assess the treatment and experiences of lower-paid ethnic minority workers in health and social care, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- incomplete data on lower-paid ethnic minority workers, particularly in adult social care
- different treatment and experiences at work
- commissioning and outsourcing leading to poor pay and insecure work
- low awareness of employment rights
- fear of raising concerns and a lack of mechanisms to do so
They have published a report about their findings, including recommendations for change.