A message from the Equalities and Human Rights Commission
As some of you will be aware, the Commission now has a new strategic litigation policy, and we need your help in sourcing cases in Wales!
We are able to get involved in equality cases, by funding external solicitors or representing claimants ourselves. In equality and human rights cases we can bring a case on behalf of the Commission or intervene in a case. Our particular areas of interest in Wales currently include:
- Access to civil justice being impeded, for example, because of fees or legal aid issues
- Cases that are related to disability particularly in the contexts of transport. health, education or access to buildings and public spaces
- Discrimination and Human Rights in the area of health and social care – allegations of violations of rights of people who are ill, disabled, older
- Cases involving issues of LGBT harassment
- Cases involving the PSED, in particular in relation to Gender Pay Inequalities and Equality Impact Assessments. In relation to the latter, whether they been undertaken and was there adequate engagement with the right people/groups
If you think that you have a case that may be of interest to us please call Kerry Wakefield on 02920 447710 firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Please bear in mind that securing assistance will normally take upwards of 4 weeks so we ask that you contact us as soon as you can.
To learn more about the Commission in Wales, please visit our website www.equalityhumanrights.com/wales