Volunteer Communication and Social Media
We are a refugee and asylum seekers charity and our prime purpose is to support asylum seekers and refugees to integrate into Wales life, develop self-sufficiency skills and build confidence. This role will enable DPIA to develop our communication with service users to better understand their needs and wishes and provide relevant services. We want to improve DPIA’s influence in the refugee sector and attract more funders to support our work.
What will you gain from volunteering?
- Helping asylum seekers and refugees to be heard
- Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Improving your communication and influencing skills
- Developing your knowledge and enhancing your CV
- Gaining new knowledge and skills through training and support.
- Editing and publication of website content as requested by the Chief Coordinator and project coordinators (using WordPress and various plug-ins)
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) of content
- Management of social media communications via Twitter etc.
- Monitoring of social media activity
- Contributing to the development and delivery of social media strategies
- Helping the growth of social media networks and audiences
- Contributing to the development of new online resources
What skills and experience do you need?
- Excellent people skills
- Friendly and personable
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- Open minded and creative
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- A good understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms
- Creative thinking skills
- Good team working, collaboration and networking skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately
- Motivation and commitment.
Time commitment: Flexible to suit you but at least 7 hours per week would be very beneficial to us.
Reporting to: Chief Coordinator
How to apply:
Get in touch with Faruk Ogut, Chief Coordinator, to ask for an application form, and to discuss if this role is right for you:
07929032818 | [email protected]
DPIA, Hastings House, Fitzalan Place, Cardiff, CF24 0BL