Natural Resources Wales Flood Community Engagement & Resilience Team is organising volunteer network events for anyone involved or interested in being in a community flood plan.
If you live in a flood risk area it is good to have a community flood plan. This can help the whole community respond quickly, protect vulnerable neighbours and provide the emergency services with important information.
A community flood plan belongs to the community, and not Natural Resources Wales. We provide advice and support on flood resilience and can also signpost them to other sources of useful information and organisations that can provide them with additional support, if they wish to take their volunteering role for their community further.
The networking events are an opportunity to:
- talk to others who face similiar challenges to learn from each other
- hear from different organisations involved in flooding and how they work together in Wales
- work in smaller groups to review practical actions and challenges for communities/ community volunteers during a flooding incident
- speak to representatives from other organisations one-to-one
Each event follows the same format, and they are across Wales to allow as many people to attend as possible. This year they will be held in:
- Cardiff (10:00 – 16:00, 28 September 2023)
- Aberystwyth (10:00 – 16:00, 12 October 2023)
- Llandudno Junction (10:00 – 16:00, 20 October 2023)
Information about how to register your attendance at an event, and other information about flooding updates is available to view in our latest Flooding Matters newsletter:
English: Flooding Matters (govdelivery.com)