Racial inequality continues to exist in Cardiff, Wales and the UK. In autumn 2020, we will convene a Race Equality Taskforce to address racial discrimination and promote race equality in the city.
- Work with Cardiff’s communities and organisations to improve and prioritise race equality to achieve an inclusive, cohesive, thriving and representative city;
- Guide Cardiff’s policy and strategy developers to make sure race equality is included in all of their work;
- Use the Council’s convening power to advance race equality in the public, private and voluntary sector, working closely, where required, with the Cardiff Public Services Board;
- Coordinate actions and recommendations to advance race equality, focusing on priority work-streams, identified in consultation with the City’s BAME residents;
- Report on progress on race equality and the general impact of inequality and discrimination on the BAME communities of Cardiff.