We at C3SC have noted that a number of groups have come to us this year facing real difficulties in opening new bank accounts. These include significant delays in Banks opening new “Business accounts,” difficulties in accessing in person support (only available online, lengthy waits on the phone etc), and some banks requiring groups to be registered with the Charity commission before opening an account.
In response we have carried out some research into what High Street banks in Cardiff have to offer their Charity customers, and plan to present it in a one hour information session on Tuesday 17th August, at 10am.
The aims of the session are the participants:
- Learn about the difficulties facing Charities trying to open new Bank Accounts
- Consider feedback from the Charity Commission on the situation
- Learn about the services and accounts offered by High Street Banks in Cardiff
- Feel able to make an informed choice of Bank Account
- Share your own experiences which will help C3SC and GVS gather evidence and looks for solutions within the Third Sector
Please book onto the session via our Eventbrite page here: