This guide focuses on the practical and emotional issues people often encounter when making the decision to support someone to move into a care home.
It aims to raise awareness of the needs of older carers and the value of engaging them as experts in the care of the person they care
for. It also provides insights from care home staff and offers care homes a free training resource to support relationships with older carers and families.
This guide will:
- Share some supportive strategies to ensure the best transition possible
- Share real life-giving examples of transitions to care homes from older carers
- Raise awareness of the needs of older carers and families who are caring for someone who is moving to a care home
- Hear from care homes about what works well for them, and how they actively support families and older carers
- Share a reflective practice training resource for care home staff.
To download the guides, please click on the links below.
For Care Homes
If you require a hard copy, please email Suzy and include the following information.
- Your name
- Care Home registration number
- Address including postcode
Please note, as we’re following Welsh Government guidelines, our office is closed. Therefore, there will be a delay in sending you the guide, but this will be sent as soon as possible.
Age Cymru and Carers Trust Wales are working in partnership to develop person-centred service models to identify, and better meet the needs of older carers and carers of people living with dementia, funded by the Welsh Government Sustainable Social Services Third Sector Grant.