The inquiry will focus on the potential economic opportunities and challenges relating to the green economy, and the practical steps that the Welsh Government will need to take in relation to these, often working with others.
The Committee is seeking views on:
- Within its devolved powers, what should be the Welsh Government’s key priorities to maximise the potential economic opportunities from green economy sectors? To what extent does its current approach reflect these?
- What are the key barriers to Wales making the most of opportunities in the green economy, and what steps should be taken to overcome these?
- What actions should the Welsh Government take to support development of Wales-based supply chains in green economy sectors?
- What skills challenges exist in relation to transitioning to a green economy? What actions should be taken, and by whom, to ensure the skills are there to meet the growing demands of a green economy?
- What will workers and employers need for a just transition to a Net Zero economy to be achieved, and what actions should the Welsh Government take to deliver the elements of this that lie within its devolved powers?
- How will the Welsh Government need to work in partnership with others to realise the potential of the green economy and deliver a just transition? To what extent is the partnership working that is needed being undertaken?
- The Welsh Government says it will face considerable budgetary constraints in the short term. How should it prioritise investment to support development of the green economy over the shorter and longer-term? What innovative approaches to financing could be considered to maximise potential investment and benefits?
If you wish to provide written comment, please can you send them to us by Thursday 7 March 2024.
Providing Written Evidence
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme, the Committee welcomes contributions in both or either of our official languages, and we ask organisations that are subject to Welsh Language standards or schemes to respond in line with their own obligations. Please inform the Committee when submitting responses if you intend to provide a translation at a later date.