A new grant scheme to enable voluntary organisations providing vital support during the Coronavirus crisis to continue and expand their work.
The voluntary sector across Wales is playing a pivotal role in supporting those in need across Welsh communities. In this time of national emergency, funding needs to reach those working directly with communities quickly, to meet a huge increase in need.
PURPOSE OF THE VOLUNTARY SERVICES EMERGENCY FUND
The purpose of this fund is to enable those providing vital support to groups such as: people in isolation, the elderly, carers, people struggling to access food etc so that they can be supported during this time.
WCVA will administer a grants scheme, in a fast and robust way to enable the sector to continue and expand their work, especially with volunteers, in supporting people in Welsh communities most at need during this time.
Grants will support not for profit organisations working at a community scale up to a national level in Wales and can be between £10,000 – £100,000. We can consider requests outside of this range but please contact us using so that we can discuss . Funding can be used for smaller capital or revenue expenditure including consumable (for example PPE); however, the request must fit in with the grant aims of maintaining or increasing voluntary services for vulnerable individuals and communities affected by the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
For information on how to access Capital funding please refer to Welsh Government’s Community Facilities Programme.
Initial funding will be for up to six months; however, this may change depending on how the crisis develops.
The response to the Coronavirus pandemic is a fluid situation and a number of emergency funds and support schemes have become available to organisations struggling during this time. We expect interested applicants to have spoken to their current funders to discuss how existing funding can be used during this period, as well as considered whether other UK Government or Welsh Government COVID19 emergency schemes are more suitable. We strongly encourage you to assess all the schemes available to your organisation and only apply to these funds if this is the most appropriate for your individual circumstances.
- Maintain or increase activities that support the vulnerable during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- Ensure third/voluntary sector organisations have the resources needed to deliver vital services for their communities.
- Encourage stringent health and safety protocols during all activities that safeguard third/voluntary sector staff, volunteers and beneficiaries.
IS YOUR ORGANISATION ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Your organisation can apply if:
- It is a third/voluntary sector (not-for-profit) organisation and is independent of government, private and public sectors:
- Registered charity
- Constituted group
- Community Interest Company
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Company limited by guarantee
- Company limited by shares where all shares are held by one of the above (i.e. wholly owned social business subsidiary of a Charity)
- Industrial and Provident Society (IPS) in the form of a Community Benefit Society (BenCom)
- Financial Mutual
- The funding will be for activities/services/communities in Wales
- Your organisation has at least 2 authorised signatories
- Your organisation has its own bank account or an account in the name of the ‘Trustees of [name of organisation]’
Your organisation cannot apply if you are:
- A political organisation
- A statutory organisation
- A private organisation
- An individual
- A non-constituted group
Please note that only one request can be made by the same organisation.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to submit a request for funding, you will need to register with WCVA’s Multipurpose Application Portal (MAP). If you have previously registered with MAP, you can log in by entering your username and password on the home screen.
Organisations can register by visiting the website map.wcva.cymru