The Trustees’ Network has been created to support individuals who are members of the Board of a third sector organisation. Its aim is to give trustees the knowledge and skills to be able to carry out their role effectively.
The purpose of this network is to:
- Disseminate and discuss relevant guidance for charities and other third sector organisations regarding relevant issues such as good governance;
- Share effective practice in running organisations from the perspective of a trustee board;
- Identify training needs for trustees so that individual knowledge and skills in delivering the role can be enhanced;
- Create a forum for trustees to discuss issues that are key in running their organisation effectively;
- Facilitate networking across trustees of third sector organisations in order to build collaborative working where appropriate.
Developed in partnership with Glamorgan Voluntary Services (GVS), the Cardiff and Vale Trustees’ Network will meet four times a year and will be hosted alternatively in venues across Cardiff and the Vale.
Membership of the Network is free and open to individuals who are trustees of third sector organisations in Cardiff. This can include national or regional third sector organisations’ local projects or offices if they are based in either Cardiff or the Vale.
Next Meeting, Training and Events
For upcoming meetings, training and events, visit: https://c3sc.org.uk/training-and-events/
News, articles and other info
- Charity Commission urges trustees to get to grips with financial duties – read the article.
- Charity governance, finance and resilience: 15 questions trustees should ask.
- How will the new Charities Act affect your charity?
- Download the latest and previous editions of Charity Commission News.
- Read the Charity Commission corporate report: ‘Tackling abuse and mismanagement 2014-15 – full report’.
- ‘Trustees must take responsibility for fundraising’, says revised Charity Commission guidance.
- The New Philanthropy Capital (NCP) briefing provides guidance for trustees on how to shape a strategy effectively, while avoiding many of the common pitfalls that some boards encounter – read more.
- Charity Commission article: Regulator warns charities about the risks of ‘dominant individuals’.
For funding opportunities, visit:
To find out more:
To become a member of the network, please email: [email protected]