You may already be aware that EYST Wales are working in partnership with Time to Change Wales. Today, I thought I’d email you to let you know of all the ways in which you could get involved with the campaign, in a capacity that suits you – whether from a personal or professional standpoint.
Time to Change Wales is a mental health campaign that puts real people at the heart of what they do, in order to fight mental health discrimination.
To make it easier, I have detailed the ways in which you could be a part of the Time to Change Wales campaign:
Become a Community Champion
- Time to Change Wales Champions are volunteers with experience of mental health problems, who’d like to challenge stigma in their own communities by sharing their story.
- Here are some previous case studies:
- Kateko’s story: https://www.timetochangewales.org.uk/en/personal-stories/i-want-people-acknowledge-mental-illness-real-its-not-laziness-or-lack-willpower/
- Rahila’s story: https://www.timetochangewales.org.uk/en/personal-stories/looking-back-i-did-what-i-was-able-do/
- Anonymous’ story: https://www.timetochangewales.org.uk/en/personal-stories/mental-health-does-not-discriminate-so-why-should-we/
- The next training date is Thursday 2 March 2023, 9:30am – 3pm
Time to Talk Day 2023
- Time to Talk Day is the biggest UK-wide mental health conversation. Happening every year, it’s a day for friends, families, communities, and workplaces to come together to talk, listen and change lives.
- This year, Time to Talk Day is set to take place on Thursday 2 February 2023.
- You may choose to mark the day in the following ways (though not limited to):
- Get your organisation to get involved! Can they run a social media campaign or a community walk for example?
- Write a blog, record a podcast, upload a video – This may be in your personal capacity or as a way for your organisation to mark the day.
- Remember to use the hashtag #TimeToTalk
- Order a FREE resources pack – please email: [email protected] (Please be advised that packs are available until the run up to Christmas)
- For digital resources, please go to: https://www.timetochangewales.org.uk/en/campaigns/timetotalkday/resources2023/
Become a Pledged Organisation
- Time to Change Wales are inviting organisations, big and small, to step up and challenge mental health stigma.
- Organisations of interest will be guided through creating an action plan as to demonstrate their commitment to challenging stigma.
- Champions may be invited to give anti-stigma talks;
- Or Employee Champions may be appointed! Either way, we are getting workplaces to think about mental health and not be afraid to talk about it.
For more information on any of the above, please email [email protected].