What is Race Equality Week?
Race Equality Week is an annual UK-wide movement uniting thousands of organisations and individuals to address the barriers to race equality in the workplace.
The events of 2020, including the Black Lives Matter movement and the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on ethnic minority communities, has heightened public consciousness of race inequality.
Now there is a need to galvanise and maximise impact through a nationwide collaboration for real change.
A Catalyst for Ongoing Change
Race Equality Week unites employees, focuses senior leaders, and unites organisations. It also encourages them to continue their activity and drive race equality all year long.
This year’s theme is #ActionNotJustWords
There are three ways you can get involved:
- Run your own activities and implement Race Equality Matters solutions
- Join public events
- Raise the profile of your organisation by sponsoring Race Equality Week
More than 2000 organisations took part in the first Race Equality Week in February 2021, building on their own race activity and/or accessing and implementing the solutions, tools and resources we have co-created with those with lived experience.
“Race Equality Week has the potential to be game-changing. In the way, it combines conscious allyship with a strong peer network.”
The emphasis is to drive meaningful action that makes an impact.
Race Equality will only be achieved when we all play a part.
Hence, we have bold ambitions to double the number of organisations and people participating in 2022 to make a bigger impact and for us to start to see the change we want to see and feel.
Join the movement. Unite in action this Race Equality Week to challenge race inequality across the UK.
“Race Equality Week provides a real opportunity for us to be a force for good.”
To register for the latest news and resources, click here.
Free Virtual Events
Furthermore, Race Equality Matters are running FREE virtual events across the week! Click the following links for more information and to register for the events.
- Race Equality Week Opening Event – Monday 7 February 10:00am-10:45am
- Tackling Biased Recruitment, Progression And Development To Address Race Inequality – Tuesday 8 February 12:15-13:45
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words: Solutions And Trends To Tackling Race Inequality In The Workplace – Wednesday 9 February 12.30 – 13.30
- Engaging Senior And Middle Managers In The Drive For Race Equality – Thursday 10 February 12.15 – 13.30
- Race Equality Week Closing Event – Friday 11th February 12.30 – 13.15