Tuesday 20 April – 10.00am – 12.00pm
Join us for the very first Increasing Ethnic Diversity in Welsh Sport virtual event which will:
• Showcase the positive work that has gone on in the sector and learn what partners and projects are doing to help foster a positive and inclusive culture around sport
• Disseminate findings from recent research focusing on race and sport
• Examine the challenges sport faces and how to reduce barriers for underrepresented groups
• Identify further support the sport sector and diverse ethnic communities need
• Launch ‘Engaging BME communities Sport’ toolkit
The event will include two separate workshops aimed at different target audiences so please select the most suitable for your role when you register.
Will look at the challenges facing sporting providers and consider what further support is needed to make sports more inclusive.
This session is aimed at those managing, coordinating, or delivering sport or physical activity.
Will look at the challenges facing diverse community groups to access sport or physical activity and consider what support is needed to increase participation.
This session is aimed at community groups, individuals, group leaders and those representing diverse ethnic communities.
The full event agenda will be sent to registered attendees nearer the time.
WCVA is the national membership body for voluntary organisations in Wales. We exist to enable voluntary organisations in Wales to make a bigger difference together.