This post is also available in: Cymraeg (Welsh)
Nominations for this year’s Cardiff Volunteer Awards are now open. It has been an extraordinary year for volunteering, especially with volunteers’ response to the COVID-19 pandemic and we want to celebrate the effort volunteers have made to help out in our local communities in Cardiff.
Now is your opportunity to say THANK YOU to the thousands of volunteers who have gone above and beyond to support you or anyone you know, your community, front-line workers, and or have made a significant contribution to any project in Cardiff.
The deadline for nominations is 16th October 2020. The Awards ceremony will take place on World Kindness Day, which is on the 13th November 2020. Due to the uncertainty about government restrictions the awards will be held online.
Before you submit any nominations please take note of the terms and conditions:
-We welcome applications from individuals and groups who volunteer in Cardiff.
[nominees must either live in Cardiff or volunteer in Cardiff. Groups nominated must be based in Cardiff or work in Cardiff.]
– Permission must be sought from the person or group nominated.
– Individuals cannot be nominated by a partner or family member, or nominate themselves.
– The judges’ decision on entries is final. The judges reserve the right not to make an award in any particular category if they feel that nominations are not suitable.
- COVID-19 Volunteer – Anyone who has volunteered to help during the pandemic. eg Mutual aid community groups, hospitals, clinics, front line workers
- Volunteer of the Year (Over 25 years)
- Young Volunteer of the Year (25 years and under)
- Volunteer Group of the Year – A group is 3 or more volunteers that work together. eg. this could also be a constituted charity, non-constituted community group
- Volunteer Coordinator of the Year – A person that supports others to volunteer. eg. volunteer manager, or anyone who leads a team or group
- Trustee of the Year
- Outstanding Community Volunteer – An individual with many years of service who has made a longstanding contribution or significant change to our communities through volunteering this year
If you wish to return a hard copy to us you can download a copy here.
The following categories are not open for public vote. Winners are selected from the volunteering-wales.net portal and will be announced at the Awards ceremony:
- Most Active Volunteer
- Most Provider Hours
- Most Community Tasks delivered by a Volunteer
- Most Community Tasks delivered by an Organisation